Feb 19, 2009

Irina Triotskaya


Bear & Bird by Irina Triotskaya (I just ADORE.)
(full-height illustrations)

I was fortunate enough to come across an amazing artist: Russian illustrator/professor Irina Triotskaya. Check out her site. Her illustrations are one of a kind. She is completely original and in no way attempts to fit in with mainstream illustration. She works in Moscow. Her art ranges from lithography to pen and ink to sculptural pieces. Her life size illustrations for the finance magazine are just priceless. I found her on the Underground Art School blog - another awesome blog. 

The more I dive in to the online/blogger art scene, I feel more overwhelmed and extremely excited. Competition is getting intense with the bad economy, but that is a good thing now and again. Competition keeps it fresh and alive. There's also this great positive support and networking amongst all the artists online. It's really a great feeling and I am looking forward to strengthening connections and relationships with fellow artists and friends. 

1 comment:

Mon Petit Lapin said...

Hey thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment! Its great to find new blogs like yours bursting with inspiration, Im really enjoying reading through and have just been checking out the Coraline trailer - looks awesome! Its great seeing your own creations and I love how your blog is bursting with colour, all the best with it, I'll be popping back!