Feb 2, 2009

Sleek Approach

So, I am tring to come up with a logo design for KrissyKristina. My goal is to have a collection debut on Etsy by March 21st – the first day of Spring. I would really like to establish some sort of identity for the shop by then.

It has been a very therapeutic process to start a small creative business. It has been really nice to have something to go home that is all mine. From the products I create with my hands to the business cards to the packaging to the logo will all be mine. It’s my baby. It might turn into nothing - but it will be my something. I got this book, the Logo Design Workbook... Get's me thinking. My ideas are simple, but it is s true challenge to assign a single symbol or image to yourself.

Anyway, I came across Anthon Beeke. He’s pretty cool. I especially like his work for DESIGNHUIS. It has all the clean elements of German/Dutch design, but also has a quirky hand drawn French feel at the same time - the sleek design and cardboard cutouts.

Came across some rad work from the Design Academy. Scientific observation through soft sculpture.
My logo ideas are in he making. I have chosen three hues: purple, red (pink), and orange. I think I might use purple as the main color and pink and orange as the secondary. I am a Gemini and a Cancer – I am thinking about creating some sort of twin image for a logo… not sure. Just a thought.

Did you watch The Office last night? Here.

No comments: