Jan 16, 2009

The Ballad of Tina Pink


Last may, I had an assignment to research 10 places I might consider working for my art practices class. I decided not to take it too seriously (so I thought.) I looked up some animation studios. Couldn't find anything besides Pixar and Dreamworks. Attention span was very short. Just for the hell of it I googled this Zune commercial that I remembered: The Ballad of Tina Pink. That one video completely, completely, completely changed my life. In fact, the video's comment on artificial surroundings inspired the theme of my self portrait: artificial connections with the ideals of nature.

Self Portrait, 48in x 24in, oil and acrylic on woodpanel

The Ballad of Tina Pink led me to the Zune Arts website which led me to the most insane and creative stop-motiong animation shorts I have ever seen in my life. I became obsesssed and researched every studio that was featured on the Zune Arts site. Apparently, Zune majorly supports the arts. After some major web surfing I landed at the home site of Bent Image Lab. The artists there are out of this world. I'll be there one day. One fine day.

No comments: