Apr 8, 2009

Kat Macleod: Reely Cool

Please. Look at this. Irina Triotskaya mastered playful and organic. Kat Macleod has mastered cool. omg. I came across this article in NYLON that featured fashion illustrators. Kat does everything from books to high end fashion illustrations. I need to contact this woman. 
Like I Give A Frock 
Seriously? Is she my long lost BFF?
Applique illustration for Yeojin Bae
Illustration for Bloom Skincare
The Age (Melbourne Magazine)

I am so blown away by Kat Macloed that I can hardly handle it. She - is - by - far one of the best free-hand illustrators I have ever seen. This is what I love - her work is playful, but it is also really cool. 

She does freelance illustrations for Harper's Bazaar and Vogue. She has also published mind-blowing books such as Birds and Like I Give A Frock. I know. Hilarious name. 

As you can imagine, I am trying really hard to get my hands on Birds. In Birds, she illustrates the similarities and differences between birds and fashion. AH. So cool. Here's some more just in case you didn't get enough the second time. 

Facts About My Day:
  1. Found $150 of fraudulent charges on two different credit cards.
  2. Right now I am listening to techno on really good headphones. Thanks, Chloe. 
  3. My dog is sleeping next to me while I draw. 
  4. I am in my pink fluffy robe. 
  5. I bought headbands tonight. One has a big flower on it. 
  6. I want to paint my nails and watch Nick at Nite.
  7. Scam artists are assholes. Not to exclude: ShopperDiscount.com, CIC*Triple Advantage, Reservation Merrit. 


No comments: