Feb 17, 2009

Mini Soft Sculpture & Fluorescent Lights


I try not to hate things, but I hate the rain. I know we need it… but living in California has me spoiled. Tried to work on my collection this weekend and it's s-l-o-w-l-y progressing. I decided I needed ergonomic crochet hooks... ya. I have a horrible habit of web surfing and finding new patterns while I am working. I then drop everything to learn it. The cycle continues. It’s pretty bad – I think it’s classified as ADD, but I can read a book in a day so I tell myself that I don’t have attention problems and that I am overly eager to learn new things. Optimism, ya baby!!

While flipping through my latest edition of CRAFT Magazine, I came across a miniature knit (or “knitted,” your preference really) bicycle. Christina Oh, an artist located in Los Angeles, knit a bicycle and swing set with miniature knitting needles. "Oh," the dedication. I would last five minutes in her shoes during this project... maybe ten. I tend to use bigger needles than recommended because I love an instant reward. Some people are blessed with patience. This I admire.

by Christina Oh (knit/crochet, string, polyester filling)

stamp doodle by Christina Oh (digital illustration)


Back to me. Here is another reason I don’t like the rain: horrible lighting! I need lots of UV rays for my mood and for photography. One of the reasons I have not posted my latest work is because the lighting has been so drab, I just can’t bare it. Plus, my work place is lit with buzzing fluorescent lights.

I had a bad thought about someone last night and I hit my head really hard while getting out of my car. I’ve never hit my head there. KARMA.

No comments: